Although the COVID pandemic still occupies the news, older adults continue to explore living and lifestyle options.
And when it comes time for retirement, experience shows they seek a lifestyle that allows them to sit back, relax, live life as they please and enjoy peace of mind. Often, that peace of mind comes from selecting senior living communities that offer health-care services on-site.
These are just some of the reasons older adults choose to live where services are on campus and always available:
• With a range of services, the community can meet your needs and preferences for years to come, especially if those needs change.
• Older adults want access to care when they need it, with minimal disruption and inconvenience. By living in a community with on-site health-care services, you can ensure you are able to receive care for as long as you live there.
• Most such communities offer various levels of care. From personal care or assisted living and skilled nursing to memory care and rehabilitation, the community offers access to services that give not only you peace of mind, but also your family.
• The freedom from routine home maintenance and housekeeping can be helpful in times you may not be up to them.
• In this setting, changing needs do not necessarily mean a changing lifestyle. When health-care services are available on site, you can enjoy life knowing you’ll never need to leave the home you love and the friends you’ve made. Instead, you can access everything you need and more in the comfort of your own home, no matter how needs change over time.
• And the senior living community offers far more than convenience. For example, you never need to worry about bad weather interrupting a doctor's visit, snow keeping you from traveling or the fear of driving in bad weather or planning what time you need to leave. Instead, you can enjoy the convenience of health-care services on site, eliminating travel frustrations and worries about your daily plans being interrupted.
For more information about on-site health-care services, please contact the nearest Diakon Senior Living Community.
Corporate Director of Sales Training and Support.
Diakon Senior Living Services