“We knew we’d love the maintenance-free living we’d experience when we moved here—but we never dreamed how busy we’d be with all the events and activities the community offers.”
That’s a comment we often hear from new residents of Diakon Senior Living Services communities and I make sure I impress upon prospective residents the importance of an active lifestyle.
Not only do the residents gain access to a beautiful new home, but they also get to enjoy all the amenities available on site!
In fact, many residents initially do not realize how integral a role supportive, enriching activities are to the lifestyle we offer. Some even tend to think of them as “icing on the cake” of senior living, but they are far more than that.
From welcoming venues across the campus to exercise classes, social programs and more, amenities help residents to experience daily joy and activity, adding to overall well-being and fulfillment.
Here are just some of the life-enriching amenities you can find at various senior living communities, dependent on location:
Amenities for daily enrichment
These amenities are built into the physical community, creating space for residents to comfortably live life, participate in recreational or wellness activities or go about daily routines with the convenience of on-site services.
● A community center, perfect for social gatherings, educational presentations or group activities
● A living room or lounge where residents can relax, chat or watch TV
● A library stocked for a wide range of reading interests
● A dining area, café or coffee shop at which residents can grab a quick bite or sit and enjoy a cup of coffee
● A swimming pool, either indoor or out, to utilize for recreation or aquatic exercise
● Salon or spa services for convenient, routine appointments and occasional indulgence
● A fitness center fully equipped with senior-friendly equipment and staffed by knowledgeable trainers
● A gift shop or convenience store to pick up any small items one might need
● Outdoor patios for relaxing or dining
● Spaces for vegetable or flower gardens
● Computer rooms and access to Wi-Fi
Amenities for connections
These amenities are services that allow residents to live life to the fullest, with diverse social events and activities.
● Cultural or educational programs designed to enlighten and entertain
● Organized outings to provide fun excursions (without the stress of planning) in the form of day trips or transportation to local events
● Social parties and holiday celebrations
● Exercise programs and classes that take place on site, including water aerobics or yoga
● Weekly worship services or Bible studies
Amenities for convenience
Senior living communities offer many services that create convenience for residents, making it easy to go about one’s day without worry.
● Scheduled transportation to shopping venues or medical appointments
● Dining venues and services on site
● Spiritual care provided by a staff chaplain on staff
● Emergency response systems in each home
Amenities make it possible for a senior living community to offer its residents cultural and creative opportunities for an abundant lifestyle.
In fact, they are what make a community something more than just a place for people to live. They make it an enriching home complete with vibrant lifestyle.
Senior Director of Sales and Marketing
Diakon Senior Living Services