Maintenance is just spectacular. We find it mind-boggling that we fill out a little form and things get done. They are absolutely incredible in the way they are organized and the way they work.
The first thing I noticed when my husband, Woody, and I came to inquire about taking up residence at Frey Village was the air of friendliness. None of the Frey Village family knew us, yet there were smiles and remarks, “You’ll like it here.”
Woody and I have appreciated the privilege of living at Frey Village in our Tower residence. Recently, Woody’s health has declined. The decision to move Woody to a room in personal care to better care for his needs was much easier for me through the interview process. I felt at ease with our decision. My questions and doubts were readily answered by our Director of Residential Services, Deanna Noble.
It takes special people to care for the folks of Frey Village, and Frey has them. The maintenance department is especially helpful; they make sure that services are taken care of quickly and courteously.
I enjoy spending time with the many residents of Frey. I’m grateful for the privilege of volunteering in the reception area. Spending time at the front desk allows me to get to know our Frey Village family.
Our first impression of Buffalo Valley was 'this is like our home'. We loved the wide-open community with its neat cottages and green areas. We had previously lived for 38 years in a suburban ranch house and were greatly pleased with the similarity of the Buffalo Valley Campus.
The following are the '10 Top Reasons' we enjoy living at Buffalo Valley:
- A comfortable home in a secure neighborhood
- Maintenance-free living; all repairs, grass cutting & snow removal are taken care of for you
- A friendly, caring, responsive staff
- Good neighbors and friends
- Ideal location convenient to: Lewisburg – a nice town with Bucknell University & the Weis Center for the Performing Arts; shopping, public library, farmers market with fresh local produce, good restaurants, Highways I-80 & Rt. 11/15
- Excellent doctors and medical facilities. Evangelical Community Hospital in Lewisburg (five minutes away) is a “world-class hospital.”
- Worship services conducted by our own chaplain
- Social activities, holiday celebrations, dining options
- Physical activities – walking trails, gardening and bocce ball court.
- Simply sitting on our front porch and chatting with our friends passing by
Living at The Lutheran Home at Topton is pleasant and comfortable. I have a large, sunny room with a lovely view. Meals are tasty, the nurses are kind and caring, and the housekeepers keep the facility clean and tidy. The entire staff is very friendly and helpful. I enjoy the many social events that are available every day.
The care my wife has received in the Nursing Care Center has made a notable difference in her condition. Joyce is now looking around more and chatting more than she had before in the old building. There is much more stimulation for her to experience.
I never expected to make new friends during my (short) stay in the Nursing Care Center, but I did, and I look forward to seeing those new friends when I come to visit Joyce!
The team is so professional. Their patience and expertise really helped me meet my goals and helped me return to my cottage quickly and safely. I hope I don’t, but if I ever need therapy again, I will certainly return to the Nursing Care Center.
- 1 of 6
- next ›