Outcome Focused. Patient-Centered Approach.
At Diakon Senior Living – Hagerstown, our therapies and programs that are designed to strengthen the body, engage the mind and enliven the spirit. Offered on an inpatient and outpatient basis, the goal of our rehabilitation and post-acute care is to help patients achieve their highest potential.
Rehabilitation Services at a Glance
- Physical, occupational and speech therapies
- State-of-the-art treatment approaches
- Comprehensive orthopedic rehabilitation
- Treatment for medically complex conditions
- Personalized care plans with a focus on returning patients to home
- Wellness opportunities including lectures and screenings
- Education on self-care, discharge planning and home safety assessments
Whether the need is medically complex care or orthopedic rehabilitation following an injury or trauma, our goal-oriented rehabilitation services help patients regain their strength, revitalize their lives and return to the activities they most enjoy as quickly – and effectively – as possible.
Our experienced therapists and clinicians treats a variety of conditions and diagnoses, including:
- Neurological disorders
- Cardiac-related disease
- Gait dysfunction
- Balance deficits
- Memory-related diseases
According to a recent Maryland Nursing Facility Family Survey, conducted for the Maryland Health Care Commission, 97% of the families of our residents said they would recommend the Nursing & Rehabilitation Care Center, significantly above Maryland's statewide score of 90%.
Our Rehabilitation Center
Rehabilitation is provided within our modern health care center featuring an atmosphere that feels like home. Our health care and rehabilitation center features:
- Fully furnished private and semi-private suites
- Spacious therapy gym with specialized equipment
- Nutritious, restaurant-style dining
- Community rooms for socializing
- Beautiful outdoor patios